And so this is the last night where I can stone till the wee hours...
=(
My leave is going to end soon.. I'm like damn sad la.. Boo..
Before I procrastinate, I better finish the post...
__________________________________________________
Day 6: 6/6/07
Visited the CKS memorial hall. Someone has supposedly changed the name to "National Taiwan Democracy Memorial Hall", so yeah.. I kinda know the reason.
Apparently, CKS is sort of like a dictator to the Taiwanese (according to the volunteer that spoke to us). So the government (or someone la!!) doesn't think it's appropriate to dedicate a memorial hall to such a person, and hence the name change.
Quite cool eh!! To know more about the history, can make a trip down there. Hohoho..
Another big piece of land.


It was the tallest building in the world next- Taipei 101.
Each one had to pay S$15 to enter. Kinda ex but bo bian... Once in a lifetime man...

Bo liao tourists... -_-"

We took the world's fastest elevator eh.. Hoho... Faster than the one in office....

Paid an additional S$5 to go to the open area...
It will be very difficult to commit suicide there cos of the fencing. You basically can't la...
-__-"
Pretty view but freezing cold.


After freezing our asses off, we went to a nearby shopping centre, only to find this.......

*swoons*
I freakingabsolutelybloody dig this ice-cream man. It was THAT good!!!!!!!!!
Haagen Diaz loses to it man.. Boo.........

Am craving it for le.. Sadness. =(
We went to Shilin night market again. But it was pouring like nobody's business so we went for ktv instead.
Taiwan's ktv is the best la!!
Out of a 12 storey building, 9 are for ktv.
Each room has your own toilet (that they clean for you before you enter), lots of tv screens, adjustable air conditioning (K-box please learn this.. *rolls eyes*), free flow of drinks, free sweets and hot water for the throat blah blah blah...
All these for S$16. Cheap until LS la..
Hohohoh...
Their system will also judge you on your singing and give you a score everytime you finish a song. Hoho.. Interesting eh!
Sadly to say, I got the lowest score.
But but but...............
Mr Koo got the highest la....
I wanna digress by saying that Mr Koo can sing like nobody's business. I think he is even better than Youreng la.. (No offense to Youreng though.) Jeffrey and Jiahui agreed with me therefore I'm like sooooo NOT biased la.
I secretly recorded a video of him singing but he forbid me to post online. Grrrrrrrr.........
Koo JW sucks. =P

Day 7: 7/6/07
Day 7 and we are running out of things to do. *sheepish grin*
So we went to search for "Bian Dang" (lunch box) and found one @ their train station.
So we bought 4 boxes of "bian dang" and all sorts of food from 7-11 and ate beside the escalator. Very paiseh I know. Hee.. But nvm.. since we are tourists. =P

Took the train (instead of the MRT) to Wu Fen Pu.

Saw Mr Lee there while I was buying my bro's polo tee.
How coincidental can it get!!
We don't meet up in Singapore but get to see each other in Taipei.
-_-"
Anyway, he is like freaking skinny now la.. Tot he went for plastic surgery. Hoho...
He's is supposed to intorduce the clubbing scene to us, but the plan didn't came through cos we are all quite tired. Oh wells...
Must must organise a Block 52 gathering someday.. Heh....
Day 8: 8/6/07
Wandered around in WFP again.
We also walked to 3 or 4 Watsons (around Taipei) to find the mascara that I want. It's like freaking sold out everywhere. Girls like to order it online, so I bought for all my girlfriends. Teehee.. Hopefully it's good...
Don't remember much of the day but I know I was trying to spend all my money.
-_-"
Went to Shilin night market again and bought a S$40 trucker cap. Expensive I know.. But aiyah.... Too much NT$ left.
We then bought all sorts of Taiwanese snacks and gorge in the hotel room.
Last time to eat them man.. Boo!!
Day 9: 9/6/07
Woke up, ate breakfast, rushed to Ximending to buy Mister Donut back to Singapore and headed to the airport.

After hanging out in Taipei for 9 days, I realised quite many things:-
1) They are a Vespaa-loving country.
Everyone rides on a scooter. Hard to find those sport bikes that we find in Singapore.
2) Taiwanese loves dogs like nobody's business.
You will see dogs everywhere you go. On the train, in shops blah blah blah. Everywhere man!!!!!!!!
3) They are damn onz about recycling.
There are recycling bins everywhere, even in KFC.
4) The MRT commuters are really considerate.
They stand on the right of the escalator (AUTOMATICALLY) , they queue for the train (not hound around the door) and they usually don't sit on their "priority seats" (meant for pregnant ladies, elderly and those with kids). Awwwwwwww..... damn sweet la...
Try finding that in Singapore. -_-"
5) Their rains are power man..
Out of the 9 days we were there, it was raining 24/7 for 6 freaking days... Quite frustrating but I guess it's better than hot stuffy Singapore. Boo.......
The only negative point is to be careful when crossing the roads cos they dont really care if pedestrains are crossing. So watch it, if not you may die in a foreign land. Hoho...
I'm like finally done with this post. Tiring la... I'm still missing Taiwan but it's getting better. Whatever it is, it's so so cool to visit a new country and experience the culture and interact with the people there. Need to save up and visit another country next year.
But if there is ever a chance, me wanna migrate to Taiwan!!! =P
Nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home