Hello Meimei!!

temperamental.gluttony.cheapo.procrastinator.vain.loyal

Sunday, December 25, 2005

My HongKong trip

I have been back in town for 3 days and my HK-withdrawal symptom is slowly diminishing.

I really missed that place.....

The weather, the wanton noodles, the dimsum, the Cantonese, the attractions and the SHOPPING!!! Ohhh...... I missed the shopping the most.. Hee..

I want to go back there again...

It has been a great holidays for me.. Went on a road trip to Malaysia and then to HK.. I know I am not as active in hall activities as I was in the past.. But I have no more passion for the hall games anymore. Now I only attend games if my friends need me. Frankly speaking.. out of the 3 years in uni, this was my best Nov-Dec hols.. and yet.. it's going to end soon.. Boo..

Digressing.. Anyway.. back to my HK trip.

19th Dec (Mon):
Went to the airport early in the morning with only 2 hours of sleep due to my inability to pack my luggage at a more efficient rate. Saw 5566 in the airport... Those fans could sacrifice sleep to wave goodbye to their idols for a few minutes... *salute* I could hear the duty-free area buzzing with murmurs about 5566.. -_-"

Reached HK in the afternoon and the weather was great.. Felt like we were in Genting.. KLW loved the weather... Headed for the hotel and then it was off to shopping!! Hee..

On the coach waiting to be sent to our hotel..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bridge that connects Lantau Island to Kowloon.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All the buildings in HK has puny windows.. They looked liked Lego from far.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A street in Tsim Sha Tsui
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our first meal in Hongkong. We walked into those small cafes in HK and these tasted real good.. =)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nightview in Mongkok.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

20th Dec (Tues):
Woke up early for dim sum.. Yummy... KLW ordered alot of food.. yet it cost only S$10 per person. Cheapcheap.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our companions for the trip.
Alethea
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ryan
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We then went to Espirit and the stuff there were real cheap.. KLW bought a pair of jeans and loads of shirts for his family.. I bought shirts too.. for my dad and Jer.

This is followed by Adidas and Nike factory outlets.. More shirts were added to our inventory. KLW bought this funky pair of Nike shoes for S$60.. I might have been tempted to buy a pair.. but I prefer pretty heels and flats then sportswear. Hee..

A break from shopping.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I bought a pack of puff pastry from the shop due to KLW's recommendation.. It tasted really good.. I regretted not buying more.. Cos my mum finished those I bought back. =(

Dinner along Kimberly Road.
This is Roasted Goose.. It tasted similar to duck.. But the sauce was real tasty.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

KLW's You Ji Noodle. It looked sinful. I ordered wanton noodles.. I ate wanton noodles for the past three days that I was there. -_-"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dinner was followed by a walk in HongKong Island.
Times Square. It's like our Paragon.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We then took a cab up to Victoria's Peak.. Woah.. The view was breathtaking... I will post the pictures once KLW received from Ryan. He got a pro camera. Our camera just doesn't do justice to the scenary.
See what I mean? Only faces.. No lights, no buildings.. -_-"
Anyway, it was freezing up there.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our 2nd day ended with more shopping near our hotel. Teehee..

21st Dec (Wed):
The weather became cooler and we were off to Disneyland!!! We wanted to go and visit the Giant Buddha on Lantau Island if D.L. was boring.. but it was definitely not!!!
D.L. virgins should pay a visit there before you visit the rest of the D.L.

The entrance of D.L.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Trying on silly hats.
I realised KLW looks like Goofy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Chic Mickey hat.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Siao Char Bo.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Harry*Potter wannabes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There were many thingys that people could buy there. Piglets ears that you can pin on your head, headbands like the pink one above and also helmet looking things that resembles Stitch. Hee.. Of cos I didn't buy any. Waste money.. Hee.

We took photos with the Disney characters.. They are sooooooo cute. I know they are humans under the costumes.. but they act like they were the characters so much so that you feel like you are hugging your favourite cartoon characters. Teehee..

Minnie and kisses..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We love Mickey!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Silly Donald. I want to pinch his butt..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pooh zai (That's how the Hongkongers call him. So cute!) and Tigger. KLW does a damn good job at impersonating Tigger's laughter.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Waiting to watch a 3D animation. The show was really impressive.. It was so real that we reached out to touch the characters.. Of cos.. we couldn't feel anything.
My mum said we looked damn ugly in this photo.. *chuckles*
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While waiting for a Winnie the Pooh ride..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Piglet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Winnie!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Entrance of Fantasyland. So sweet... so princessy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I like this statue. Wish I could bring it home.. but of course.. no where to place it. Hehe.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tarzan's treehouse.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We saw the parade.. It was so crowded. But it was interesting. All the pretty floats and cartoon characters dancing..

Chip or Dale? Don't know which one is which..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The toy story float.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The last float of the day..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

D.L. in the morning.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
D.L. in the evening.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We took public transport back cos we didn't want to waste time watching the fireworks. A girl needs to do her shopping. Hee..
Their MTR is so cute... There are statues of Disney characters, plush cushion seats and Mickey handles.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm real glad that we went D.L. especially during winter. It's more comfortable then..

I then went back to Mongkok and went on a crazy shopping spree. I bought 8 pairs of shoes that night.. Hee.. Quite a feat eh..

We then had late dinner at this famous restaurant along Canton Road. The wanton mee was really fabulous. I don't think I tasted such yummy ones before.. Even Clementi's wanton mee lose to it.. *drools*

22th Dec (Thurs):
We woke up early to eat our last meal of dimsum.. and it was real cold that day..

The street our hotel is at.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The last time to climb up these slopes..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I must say that Hongkongers are damn good drivers.. some of their roads are damn freaking steep.. And they can maneuver on them with ease..

The HK taxi I often see on tv.. Hee.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I really love to travel.. and immerse myself in another culture for a few days.. Feels really great. I like to be a tourist..
*chuckles*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home